A lot of what I've learned has happened outside of the workplace, but some has happened inside too.
ANTHC, Marketing Specialist, Graphic Designer
- Creates health-related marketing campaigns, graphic installations and collateral for diverse audiences ranging from international ambassadors and legislators to English as a second language Native Alaskans.
- Coordinates events including the World Indigenous People’s Conference on Viral Hepatitis and the Alaska Burn Symposium resulting in a combined 1000+ attendance.
- Manages internal project management and approval system allowing for increased communication and project tracking. Tracking resulted in funding for new positions. Trained and educated over 15 coworkers and new hires.
- Created campaign theme and collateral for HANF's, the non-profit arm of ANTHC, Educational and Development Center's Capital Campaign which, to date, has raised $6.2 million.
Spawn Ideas, Production Assistant
- Managed multiple print and material vendor relationships, conveying all time line, delivery, and budget concerns. Identified opportunities through research and negotiation that resulted in savings of thousands of dollars for a client.
- Coordinated commercial shoots, talent database, shoot budgets, and copyright materials.
- Maintained and educated coworkers on electronic client and internal approval system allowing for a more efficient proofing system.
- Collaborated with a cross-department team to edited create three winning RFPs, bringing in almost $100,000 in new business.
The Alaska Club, Graphic Designer
- Maintained brand reputation and continuity through information organization and graphic creation.
- Coordinated network-wide group fitness and aquatics scheduling of 400+ classes.
- Established systems to support an open communication environment resulting in increased productivity, efficiency, and satisfaction.
City Farmers Nursery, Advertising Coordinator
- Create and maintain online brand identity and reputation via custom website and consistent social media presence.
- Organize and write a monthly newsletter to 4,000+ subscribers.
- Plan, organize and manage a blog and marketing calendar for the marketing team.
Energy Pioneer Solutions, Graphic Designer + Acting Marketing Director
- Developed marketing materials and long-term marketing plans for an audience of 100,000+ which helped result in expansion to 12 new cities and two new states. Spent two months as acting marketing director.
- Maintained Energy Pioneer's online presence through social media outlets and EnergyPioneerSolutions.com. Created and directed the Energy Pioneer blog and organized a staff of four writers and multiple guests. Formulated long-term content calendar and premium content.
- Created and maintained internal communication documents for a staff of 50 in seven different locations.
- Manager of the radon department, a subsidiary of Energy Pioneer. Organized and lead a team of five to service over 175 homes in less than a year, operating at profit in eight months.
Perkins Library, Event Coordinator
- Event coordination for upwards of 75 attendees
- Winner of the 2009 National For Dummies competition
- Assisted professors and students with specialized research
- Interim interlibrary loan librarian and trained new hire